Here are some situations when it makes good business sense for a company to take a fresh look at its leaders.
- New opportunities for growth
- Significant shifts in the market or business models
- Delivery of strategy looking uncertain
- Major projects going off track
When there are questions over commercial performance the solutions often require leadership development and may need addressing before much else can improve.
- Questions over bench strength for expansion
- Need for succession planning and identifying talent
- Creaking structures and systems
- Problems in filling vacant roles
External perspectives and objectivity are particularly valuable in developing or redeploying existing leaders and in recruiting for key roles.
- Dysfunction in particular teams or areas
- An underperforming team or key individual
- Problems with culture and engagement
- Unexpected resignations
Issues like these invariably relate to leadership and addressing them should be an urgent priority in any well-managed company.